Hummus is adapted from NYT’s The roasted garlic part ist adapted from NYT’s ‘Roasted Garlic and White Bean Dip With Rosemary’ by Erin Sarah Jampel. The hummus recipe is adapted from Melissa Clark. Roasting the garlic is optional. Either, use 2 fresh cloves or approximately 6 roasted cloves.
|Chickpeaks (dried)||220 g (1 1/3 cup)|
|Lemon||1 plus more as needed|
|Cumin (ground)||1/3 teaspoon|
|Salt (ground)||1.5 teaspoons|
|Paprika sweet & hot||for serving|
- Heat the oven to 200 C (400 F)
- Trim off the top of the garlic to expose the cloves
- Place the garlic on a piece of aluminum foil
- Drizzle some olive oil over the exposed cloves
- Close the foil into a pouch and bake for 40 to 50 minutes
- After letting the garlic cool a little, the cloves can be squeezed out
- Soak the chickopeas >4h or over night with one bay leaf (optional)
- Pour the chickpeas, 1 bay leaf and 1 teaspoon of salt into the IP and add water to cover by 2-3cm
- Cook on hugh pressure for 20min, if pre-soaked, or 60min, if using dry chickpeas.
- Place juice of 1 lemon, garlic (2 fresh cloves or 6 roasted cloves), cumin, remaining salt (0.5 teaspoon) and tahini in a food processor
- Process until you end up with a thick paste
- Add iced water until the tahini mixtured has thinned down to a sauce-like consistency (2 tbsp at a time)
- Add the drained chikpeas and olive oil and blend to combine.
- Add ice water, lemon juice and seasoning as needed
- Serve with sprinkling of paprika